Saturday, October 13, 2007

Roadhouse, Paper Eater, and Coon Club

What is it about Roadhouse? Just about every guy I know loves the movie Roadhouse. You know the one with Patrick Swayze and the bar and all the fighting. Well it was on today and JD in true manly fashion lunged at the TV like it was his new best friend. He saw the big monster truck in it and crawled as fast as he could over to the TV and pulled up and started talking to and patting the TV.



Also, JD has turned into a paper eater. He can find paper anywhere no matter how small it is. He will quickly put it in his mouth and try to eat it. I always know what he is doing because he acts sneaky. He will sit with his back to me and shove it in his mouth as fast as he can before I see him. If I say anything he will scream, laugh, and try to crawl away from me before I can pull it out of his mouth.



Chad and Corey Jeffries are starting a coon club in Dyersburg. There used to be one a long time ago and Chad has many fond memories of it. His dad was the president. This is a place where the hunters can get together and tell tales, show off their dogs, and hunt together. Sometimes they even have coon suppers. Chad tried to start it back when we first dating but he got tired of doing all the work. He even got me and Anna to eat some BBQ coon.

Oh, that reminds me about a month ago we went to homecoming at the church in Chic. They were having a potluck dinner. As I was filling up my plate Chad's sister pointed to her roast she brought and said, "Cindy, you might want to get some of mine because you never know what the other dishes are made out of!" Meaning??? I wonder this as I stare at my plate. Coon?? Squirrel?? Deer??

No comments: